When your printer stays idle for a longer time than usual it may go into an inactive stage. This could mean that your printer is paused or has gone into an offline state. If you are also unable to perform any kind of operations using your printer, then you should understand that you need to get it out of the “HP printer paused ” state. So, today, in this tutorial, we will be sharing some helpful details with you so that you can uncaused your printer without much delay.
Well, it would be pretty annoying to know that you will not be able to take any printout from your printer in case you leave it inactive for some time. But, you will be glad to know that there are some sure short solutions that can be applied to fix this issue.
Whether you are using your printer through your Windows 10 device or through your Mac device, the procedure to fix your printing device would almost remain the same.
Why is the HP Printer paused in Windows 10?
Whether the HP printer paused situation is arising in your Windows 10 device or a Mac device, you need to ensure that you know the reason behind it. This is the first step toward finding out a relevant solution to uncaused your printer:
- You have manually paused your printer
- You have set the timer to make your printer go in a paused state after a fixed time
- There is a problem with the printer spooler leading to the HP printer not printing issue
- The printer may also get paused due to software-related issues
- If there is a problem with the ink cartridge or the paper tray, the issue is sure to arise
Fixes for HP printer is paused and won’t print
Method 1- Un-pausing the printer
- On your connected computer, open the Control Panel of your device
- Thereafter, you can click on the “Devices and Printers” menu to open the settings
- Here, you need to right-click on the problematic printer
- Tap on the “See what’s printing” menu and choose the top menu
- This shall be followed by tapping on the “Pause printer” checkbox
- Make sure that the tick-mark on this option has been removed
This shall help you in resuming your printing task if you experience an HP Printer paused issue.
Method 2- Re-install the printer driver
- Click on the “Start” menu and select “Settings” to begin removing your printer
- This shall be followed by tapping on the “Devices” and “Printers and Scanners” option
- Now, find and click on your printer and select the “Remove” device option
- Then, you need to disconnect your printer completely and reconnect it one more time
- Next up, you can go to the HP printer support website to get the drivers re-installed
Fix “HP printer stuck on pause”
If you are unable to get your printer out of the paused state and now you realize that HP Printer stuck on pause, then you can follow the solution that we have given below-
Restart printer spooler service
By restarting the printer spooler service for your HP printer paused, you can easily fix the problem and make sure that your printer resumes its printing task:
- Open the computer that you have connected to your printer
- On the same device, you need to open the services management window
- For this task, you can go ahead by opening the command box and typing “services.msc” in it
- When the search result shows up, you need to open the “services” menu
- Next up, you can spot and click on the “Print Spooler” menu
- After locating this option, right-click on it and then choose the “Restart” option
- To power cycle your printer, you need to turn off and turn it on after powering it off for 10 seconds
This way you can easily un-pause or troubleshoot the HP printer paused. There are a few tips that we have given in this article that would definitely help you in finding out a perfectly working solution to come out of this problem. Just make sure that you do not miss out on any important step so that you do not have to face the same printing issues again. Also, make sure that you do not leave your printer idle for a longer time. Instead, you can turn it off when not in use.