Has your HP printer gone into an offline state even after being connected to a wifi network? Do you face this problem frequently? Well, if the answer is yes, you have definitely landed on the right page. Today, through this article, we will be sharing complete details on the factors that might have led to this problem along with the details on how to get this problem fixed.
Well, in recent times, a lot of users were found asking “how do I get my printer back online?” as these users were having trouble while using their printer to complete their daily printing tasks.
Thus, if you also have the same query in your mind, we suggest you keep reading this post till the last.
Why is my printer offline?
Before we tell you about the hp printer offline fix, we’d like you to know the reasons that might be responsible for this issue. Once you know the reason for the hp printer offline but connected to wifi, you will be able to find a relevant solution for the same. Now, let’s check out the reasons that are listed below:
- The printer drivers installed for your printer have become outdated and you are using outdated drivers for a long now
- The cables that connect your printer to the computer or the power source are loosened
- Your HP Printer has reached the end of its life cycle
- Apart from this, you might have set your printer to be used offline
- You have not connected your printer to the same Wi-Fi network as your computer system
- The Windows device you are using is outdated
Why is my printer offline Mac?
If you are facing a similar issue with your printer on your Mac device, then the following could be the factors responsible for the same:
- Your Mac and your printer are not connected to the same WiFi
- Your Mac has outdated HP Printer drivers
- The printer is not connected to a power source or you haven’t turned it on
- You have sent too many print commands to your printer making it go offline
- If there is an issue with the network connectivity on your device, then also the same issue will arise
How do I get my hp printer back online?
Is your hp printer connected to wifi but offline Windows 10? Well, if this is the case, then there could be other reasons that might be leading to this problem. So, here are a few fixes you can try to get your printer back online:
- Make sure that you are using the updated printer driver on your device. To update your printer driver, you need to navigate to the official website of HP and then look for the latest printer driver for your printer model.
- If your printer says offline but is connected, then you need to ensure that your printer is connected to the same network connection as your PC.
- On the other hand, if your hp printer connected to wifi but not printing, then you need to ensure that you are using the most updated printer driver.
- You can also check the speed and connectivity status of your internet connection.
- If your printer is set to be used offline, bring it back to the online mode.
Note: In case you own a Mac device and your hp printer offline but connected to wifi Mac, then also you can apply the same steps as listed in the section above.
Fix HP printer connected to wifi but offline iPhone
To fix this problem, you can perform a soft reset on your printer. To do so, here are the steps you can follow. If these steps do not work, then you can check internet connectivity on your iPhone.
- To begin the procedure, you need to first power off your printer
- After this, take off all the cables connected to your devices
- Now, wait for some time and let the printer take some rest
- Thereafter, you need to plug those cables back in
- Next up, power on the printer and see if the problem is resolved
To conclude, we can say that, to fix the hp printer offline but connected to wifi, all you need to do is figure out the reason that has led to the printer going into an offline state. Once you have figured out the reason, you can perform the relevant troubleshooting steps as discussed in the sections above.