HP Printer is one name that is synonymous with the print industry and it had become the favorite printer brand of a lot of people across different countries of the globe. Once you get on to the journey of printing with your HP Printer Assistant, you will realize that an HP Printer gives you so much efficiency that you cannot expect from other printer brands. As we all know that an HP Printer comes with a wide range of features, therefore understanding and learning every feature may be a complex task for users.
The recent models of HP printers developed by the brand come with wireless printing technology ensuring people that they’d be able to get the best of Wi-Fi connectivity features. However, there could be a few things that you may not know about this wireless printing technology.
One such operation that users fail to undergo is to change wifi password on HP printer. Therefore, in the sections below, we will have a discussion on the same along with some details on the related topics. Thus, without any further delay, let’s jump right into the process and learn the details about the same.
What is my HP printer password?
If you have recently purchased an HP Printer and now you are finding it difficult to find out your HP Printer password, then you have landed on the right page. Through this section, we’ll be guiding you through the complete process to find out your HP Printer password and the process is clearly very easy to follow:
- At first, you can go ahead with searching for the Wi-Fi Settings on your device
- Now, click on the “Related Settings” menu and select “Change adapter options”
- Followed by this, right-click on your network’s name
- Click on the “Status” option and then choose “Connection”
- Next up, click on the “Wireless Properties” tab and then go to the “Security” tab
- To get the password displayed, click the “Show Characters” box
This shall display the HP Printer password on your screen which you can use to connect your printer to a wireless network. After this, let us now have a look at how to change wifi password on HP printer.
Guidelines to change Wi-Fi password on HP Printer
Follow the enlisted steps to learn how to change the wifi password on your printer. Here is what you need to do:
- Click on the “Start” menu and go to the “Control Panel”
- After this, click on the “Devices and Printers” menu
- Find and right-click on your wireless HP Printer
- Here, you can tap on the “Properties” option
- And click on the option to change the Wi-Fi password
- Enter your old as well as the new password
- Confirm your new password to change it successfully
How to get password for HP Printer?
Well, this is a baffling question and the answer may vary from user to user. So, if you are also finding it difficult to get your HP Printer password, then you can follow the steps that are listed below. By taking the printout of the “Settings” page of your HP Printer, you will be able to get its password:
(Note: if you haven’t changed the default password of your HP Printer, then you should note that the default password could be “admin123” or “12345678”)
- At first, you need to find the “Wi-Fi” and (i) button on your printer
- Now, press these two buttons together for around 5-10 seconds
- As soon as you do so, it will print out the “Settings” page
- On this page, you can easily locate your printer password
After learning a great deal on how to change wifi password on HP printer along with some related data, let us now have a look at more topics i.e. the process to connect HP Printer to a new Wi-Fi.
How do I connect my HP printer to a new WIFI?
- Unpack the printer and complete the initial setup by following the guidelines given in the provided manual
- Next up, you need to power on your printer after connecting it to a power source
- Install the ink cartridges on your printer and then wait for the startup routine to complete
- Choose one of the connectivity methods that are made available to you
- Here you can choose the wireless connection method to go-ahead
- Next up, you can simply follow some easy steps that are displayed on-screen
- This shall complete the process to connect HP Printer to Wi-Fi
To connect your printer to a wireless router you need a password so as to establish a secure connection. However, you must change the default password of your HP Printer so that nobody else can gain access to your devices. Therefore, to help you with the same, we have discussed the complete procedure to change wifi password on HP printer. If you are not able to change the password or you are not able to find it, then you can print the “Settings” page to get the complete information of the printer network settings.